Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Been Kind of Quiet Here Lately

But there's a reason for it.

For one thing I haven't been feeling well lately. Don't quite know what the problem is, but I don't feel...right. I don't think it's the flu and there are periods when I feel fan-freaking-tastic but then there are moments were I don't want to move. Hopefully this will pass soon. This messed up Georgia winter isn't helping that's for sure.

For another I've been doing a lot of reading lately, which is nice. I've gone through the Avengers Disassembled hardcover and the first volume of the oversized New Avengers series and I really enjoyed both a lot more than I thought I was going to. More than anything it was nice to just sit down and read some comics. No baggage because enough time has passed. Very few pre-conceived notions. Just coming in and taking the work on it's own merits.

That was nice. It was really what I wanted to get back to this year.

I am hopefully going to kick out some essays based on what I have been reading. I decided that reviews are probably not going to be doable. I can't commit to the time. Essays, though, are another story. I can work on an essay for a while, get it into shape and start kicking those out. And if most of those involve Superman, Spider-Man and the Hulk, well then that would be just great, wouldn't it?

Don't answer. That was a rhetorical question.

So yeah, that's a good plan. I'll go with that.

More to follow...

No comments: